Showing the single result
Choosing Your Air Tool Sander
It is unlikely that you’ll find one that will fulfill all purposes if you need to work on a wide range of objects. The selection of an air tool sander like its electrical counterpart, will depend on you answers to the following questions:
1. What is the size and dimensions of the job?
2. What is the shape of pad will be most suited to the object on which you are working?
3, Varied application: do you want to use the machine on various different types of objects?
4. Are you using the sander on different types of surfaces? This will determine to and extent whether or not you want an air tool with a variable or fixed setting
5. Is the surface flat or curved?
6. Do you want a dust-free work environment? If you do then the HIT 448H 6” Orbital sander with vacuum attached could be the best machine for you.
Pad size, shape and power of the motor will increase as the object on which you’re working gets bigger. A larger sander may be more advantageous if you need it for a higher frequency of use.
• HIT BS 100 20mm: Belt sander
• HIT 2-845A: Longbed sander
• HIT 260N Heavy Duty: dual action sander
• HIT 803: Orbital sander
• HIT 448H 6”: Orbital sander with vacuum attached
• HIT 670G 7”: sander
FOR THE TABLE BELOW PLEASE NOTE:
Air tool variables are fixed aspects of each machine.
Task requirements are only guidelines. It describes optimal performance conditions for air tool sanders. A skilled operator of air tool sanders is not limited in what s/he can use and which application s/he picks.
Sander Air Tool Variable
Fixed as per machine Task Requirements
Pad Shape Setting Variation of use Job Size Surface Shape
HIT BS 100 20mm Rectangular Variable High Medium – Large Flat
HIT 2-845A Rectangular Variable Medium Medium – Large Flat
HIT 260N Heavy Duty Round Variable Medium Small – medium All
HIT 803 Rectangular Variable Medium All Flat
HIT 448H 6” Round Variable Medium All All
HIT 670G 7” Round Fixed Low Large All
Key Purpose of Sanders
The purpose of sanders is to finish surfaces of objects to various degrees of smoothness.
Key Product Advantages and Benefits of Pneumatic Sanders
• Greater accuracy and quality of work.
• Air tool sanders offer huge control in heavy duty work.
• Versatility in application in different situations requiring sanding work.
• Consistent performance – no power loss of sustained usage.
• Reliable performance.
• Durability and long lasting regardless of sustained usage.
• Easy to service.
• Quick to repair.
• Air tool sanders have a better weight to performance ratio than electrical ones.
• Ergonomic design for best possible human performance on the job.
Best Practice and Benchmark Applications
• Any woodwork setting requiring various degrees of finishing.
• Metalwork finishing
• Furniture manufacture
• Auto body work
• Final refined shaping of an object
• Decorative finishing
• Relative light weight
• Easy operation
• Ergonomic design
• Safety features to ensure operator protection